Monday, February 4, 2008

The Southland

The southland was very interesting to me. This piece by Henry Miller was very descriptive. I liked it. He does a really good job at appealing to all types of audiences with his descriptions of what the south has to offer. The paper had a lot of very good descriptions of places that he had been to and seen personally. To me makes this seem that he knows what he is talking about being that he has seen what he is writing about. I believe that he wants all of us to be able to visit these beautiful places and to forget in a way that we were once in a fight with our own people in the south. I think he is using ethos to persuade us all with his very good descriptions of the places he has been making all of them seem very appealing to who ever may read this article. I personaly have been to "the south" many times to visit family and i can agree that the south does have alot more to offer than the stories of war and killing our own people.

No comments: