Tuesday, March 11, 2008

http://www.martinlutherking.org/

The site I chose was martinlutherking.org. I found that this site was pretty comical being that its suppose to be a site dedicated to Mr. King. The first thing that caught my eye was the quote that the had. Saying that FBI bugs heard him partying and having sexual intercourse. What really made me laugh was that they said Martin Luther King was heard saying “ I’m F***ing for God” and “ I’m Not a Negro tonight” this right there made me really question the credibility of the site.
All of the links worked and sent you to some informative pages but I think that some of the links really had no purpose of being on the site. Some of them being titled: Rap Lyrics, learn more about kwanza, Jews and Civil rights. If the page is for Mr. King then he should be the only topic of the page.
The site isn’t up to date it was last updated in 1998 and hasn’t had any revisions or recent updates. Also the page its self looks like it hasn’t been changed for a few years. Its still just and old looking grey page and could use a bit more of a modern touch.
If I were writing a paper on Martin Luther King I defiantly wouldn’t be using this site for any help on my paper. It is too sketchy on what information is true and what information is biased from the creator of the page

2 comments:

Kimbi33 said...

I chose the same website to post a blog on! I agree with you when you say the website lost credibility when seeing the quote on the site. If the website was about Martin Luther King, then why would they put such an awful quote on it? Not to mention the quote didn't actually exist. I also would never use this site for research. You are right when you say it is sketchy. Good job analyzing the website!

Bob G. said...

The fake mlk site is actually owned by http://www.stormfront.org/ which is a white supremacists' organization. They probably bought the website address a long time ago to trick people into reading their bile.